Metal roofing is becoming an increasingly popular choice for homeowners in the Marietta area. Its durability, beauty and fire resistance mark metal roofing as a sensible choice for homeowners with specific needs.
Benefits of a Metal Roof
The unbiased buyer comparison site CostOwl points to four major benefits of a metal roof:
- Environmentally Friendly—Everything about a metal roof, from the panels to fasteners, is recyclable and is often made from recycled metal. It is also energy efficient and durable, reducing energy costs embedded in manufacturing, shipping and installation.
- Long Life—Metal roofing is nearly maintenance-free across its 50-year typical life span. Warranties are available that begin at 30 years and can last up to 75 years.
- Economy—Energy-efficient, reflective metal roofing lowers cooling costs, which can be enormous in our area. A metal roof is more expensive at installation, but since it lasts up to three times longer than a shingle roof, the investment is spread over decades.
- Safety—Metal roofing is imperious to insect damage, fire, high winds and most other issues nature throws at it.
Minuses of a Metal Roof
- Initial Cost—While a typical fiberglass-asphalt shingle roof might cost in the neighborhood of $1.50 per square foot installed, a metal roof will start at a figure at least double that. The highest quality metal roofing—a natural metal roof like copper—can cost up to $20 per square foot.
- Denting—Just as a fiberglass-asphalt shingle can be dinged and cracked from blunt force, so too a metal roof can be dented from hail, tree branches or other impacts.
- Noise—A very few homeowners with new metal roofs have complained about the noise the new roof causes, though this is generally a question of following recommended installation to include proper insulation, sheathing, and underlayment.
If you plan to build new, or stay in your existing Marietta-area home for most of your life, a metal roof is a worthy investment. Professionally and expertly installed by Pro Roofing & Siding, your new metal roof will probably last at least 50 years.
The bottom line: Metal roofing will save you money if you know you will occupy your home for many years. Its durability, low maintenance and energy efficiency are unbeatable.
If you are contemplating a metal roof for your Marietta-area home, contact us at Pro Roofing & Siding today. We can help you understand the costs and benefits of metal roofing for your particular home.