Overview: Internet Marketing involves creating, analyzing, measuring and optimizing online marketing programs to realize marketing goals. Online marketing involves teamwork to create and deploy highly efficient online marketing programs, including blogs, email campaigns, co-marketing opportunities, SEO and online advertising.
SEO is the activity of optimizing web sites or specific pages to make them more search-engine-friendly, thus gaining elevated positions in search results. This will improve the volume and/or quality of traffic to a web site or page from search engines’ search results.
Social Media: In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Linked In, Youtube, Twitter, Pinterest, Houzz, Flickr etc.) and how they can be used most efficiently in different scenarios. Assistant must have knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the client’s business.
An Internet Marketing Assistant must have the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal formats, and will be expected to build and maintain relationships.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Using web tools to track site traffic, rankings, and ultimately sales.
- Continually monitoring organic search rankings to increase traffic and sales
- Analyzing website strategies and translating qualitative or anecdotal data into recommendations and tactics for revising the strategies
- Creating and reviewing regular sales reports for various online sites and promotions
- Researching keywords using Google, Word Tracker and internal tools
- Design, manage and implement internet marketing programs including organic optimization, blog implementation and link-building
- Manage regular reporting and tracking, and report metrics appropriately and flagging issues for internal stakeholders
- Analyze and report program performance; provide recommendations and results for improvement and new programs.
- Propose new internet marketing strategies
- Create feature specification documents to improve the website and other online projects.
- Manage day-to-day client and company relationships through presentations and conference calls
- Participate in weekly meetings to assess work flow and company progression
- Other duties as assigned
Education: An associate’s degree in Arts or Science with emphasis in computer science, marketing, business, communications, advertising, or related field. 4 years of field experience with the below listed requirements may be substituted for a business/computer-related degree.
Experience: Two years of experience required, or in house training for qualified applicant.
Technical skills: Knowledge of Internet and computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Be able to use PC platforms.
Communication Skills: Written communication skills for progress reports, and technical statements. Verbal communication skills for technical support with clients and team members. Self- directed when confronted with support issues. Ability to manage details, overall flexibility and efficient work habits.
Other skills: Be able to work in a fast pace environment. Work on time sensitive projects with deadlines. The ability to work on team based projects. Occasionally work more than 40 hours,
Background check / licensing requirements:
• Reference checks
• Education verification
• Driver’s license
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit and work on a computer for 8 hours daily.
Verbally communicate with clients or team members by phone or in person.
For consideration, please submit your resume. No phone calls please.