If you don’t take the time to prepare for roof storm damage, the harsh weather that hits the Atlanta area could make you worried about whether the roof that protects your home is in danger. When a severe storm passes through with high winds, torrential rains, hail, or tornado activity, you can be left facing an emergency roof repair to fix issues like these:
- Broken or torn-off shingles.
- Patches of bare substrate stripped of granules.
- A gaping hole in the roof from a fallen tree limb.
- Hail battered shingles or loosened metal panels and fasteners.
- Damaged or missing flashing around the roof edge, skylights, or plumbing vents.
Proactive Measures to Help Prepare for Roof Storm Damage
Although you’ll hear on the weather report when a storm is heading toward metro Atlanta, it’s impossible to predict whether your roof will suffer any storm damage. You can make the situation less stressful and lower the risk of roof and/or interior damage by preparing for storm damage through proactive measures:
- Find a reliable roofer. You’ll find a roof damage ordeal less stressful if you’ve already connected with a trustworthy, experienced roofing contractor. Make sure the roofer you choose is licensed, insured, and reputable with good references and reviews. Also, look for a contractor who offers 24-hour emergency service and is certified by your roof system manufacturer.
- Make any needed repairs. Have your chosen contractor inspect your roof and get any issues taken care of immediately. Knowing that your roof is in good shape can bring peace of mind that it’s ready to ride out whatever stormy weather Mother Nature sends your way.
- Evaluate your household insurance coverage. Read through your policy so you fully understand the specific types of events you’re covered for, and whether you have full or prorated replacement coverage. Plus, talk with your insurer to get well versed in their claims process so you don’t have to figure it out when you’re stressed and dealing with a damaged roof.
- Locate your home’s utility shut-offs. Find where your electrical, gas, and water shutoffs are located so you can halt the flow from your utilities if necessary to prevent a fire, flood, gas leak, or explosion.
Contact us at Pro Roofing & Siding if you’re searching for a skilled and reliable storm damage roofing contractor in the metro Atlanta area. We can inspect your roof for any issues that need immediate attention, and our experienced crews are available 24-7 if you need emergency roof repair services.