Replacing the siding on your home is a wonderful way to get a new look, decrease maintenance, and add value to your home. If you’re choosing between fiber cement siding vs vinyl here are some things you need to know to make your choice easier.
Fiber Cement Siding vs Vinyl
Benefits of fiber cement siding
- Long-Lasting – Fiber cement siding is extremely difficult to damage, which extends its life dramatically. How long does fiber cement siding last? 25-year product warranties are common, so your home will look amazing for years to come.
- Low Maintenance – With fiber cement siding, you won’t be making frequent repairs. Factory finishes also have long warranties, which means the color will look great for quite a while.
- Rot & Termite Resistant – Even though fiber cement siding is made from natural materials it won’t rot or mildew, and is very resistant to insects and rodents.
- Fire & Wind Resistant – Fiber cement siding is not combustible, so that’s extra fire resistance for your home. It can also withstand high winds.
- Aesthetics – There’s more variety of visual interest with fiber cement siding. It’s paintable so a custom color is an option. It comes in lots of styles, shapes, and textures. Clapboards, decorative shingles, and panels that have the look of stone, brick or stucco can successfully mimic traditional materials.
- Affordability – It costs less than finishes like stone, stucco, and wood. There is also less labor to install it.
Benefits of vinyl siding
- Inexpensive – It’s one of the most economical finishes for the outside of your home.
- Reduced maintenance – Although it can be damaged by weather and impact, there is less maintenance than traditional siding. It won’t rot and resists damage by rodents, insects, and fungi.
- No painting – Although some vinyl siding can be painted, lots of people opt for it specifically to avoid painting.
- Added curb appeal – Vinyl siding comes in a wide variety of colors and styles mimic wood clapboard or shingles.
For many homeowners, choosing between Fiber Cement Siding vs Vinyl is an easy choice. Fiber cement siding means getting the look you want with little maintenance. You’ll spend less time worrying about damage to your home and you’ll get all that for a price you can afford. Siding is an important job and you don’t want to leave it to just anyone. Contact Pro Roofing and Siding to get your job done right.